We all are aware of the fact that Coinbase is one of the most secure as well as widely used crypto exchanges. The security options it comes with are able to attract users towards it. However, to make your Coinbase accounts more secure, the exchange gives all the new users the opportunity to set up an account login password so that nobody could gain any access to your account without authorization. However, there could be times when you are not able to remember your password despite trying hard and this makes the login process pretty complicated.
Thus, through this article, we shall be walking you through the procedure to reset your password so that you can enter your Coinbase account one more time and regain access to the features available on it. In addition to that, updating your Coinbase password is also necessary as it comes under account security practices. Thus, we shall also shed some light on how to change Coinbase password.
Therefore, we ask you to stay tuned to learn more about it.
Easy steps to Change Coinbase password on app or website
If for security reasons, you wish to update or change Coinbase password, then you can definitely apply the steps that are listed below:
- The first thing that needs to be done is to access the Coinbase account
- Right after this, go to the “settings” menu of your Coinbase account
- Here, one needs to click on the “Change password” option
- On the landing page, you can type in your old password first
- This would be followed by entering the new password you wish to use
- Thereafter, you should complete the 2-step verification
- Once done with that, you’ll be logged out of your account
- Sign in to access your account one more time
Forgot Coinbase wallet password? Let’s reset it
For Coinbase account recovery, you can follow the steps that are listed below:
- First of all, go to the sign-in page of Coinbase
- After this, click on the “forgot password?” link
- This button is present under the “SIGN IN” button
- Thereafter, you can enter the password recovery email
- Next up, click on the “RESET PASSWORD” option
- And complete the account verification to finally set a new password
Did not receive Coinbase password reset email? Here’s what to do
In case of Coinbase password reset no email, here is what you can do:
- Try sending the password reset request after some time
- Check if you have fed the same email address that you used while signing up
- Thereafter, you can check if you have blacklisted emails from Coinbase
- Also, check is Coinbase not working or if its website is under maintenance
Try the same alternatives if you see Coinbase password reset not working. After trying these alternatives, you can try to change Coinbase password one more time.
Coinbase Password requirements and troubleshooting
Some essential requirements
- The newly set password should be of 8 characters or more
- They do not restrict you to using any numbers, special characters, etc. as it is completely your choice
- One should not use a password that is more than 72 characters
Troubleshooting password-related issues
To troubleshoot any issues with your password, you can either undergo the password reset process or make sure that you are filling in the correct password in the login form. Apart from that, you can also go ahead with contacting the Coinbase Support team so that you are provided with the necessary help to change Coinbase password. Also, make sure that you have access to the account recovery options such as email address or phone number.
How often should you change Coinbase password?
In order to make sure that you do not get scammed or that nobody hacks into your account, you need to make sure that you regularly change your Coinbase password. One should change the password of all his online accounts at least once in two months. By changing the password, you can reduce the probability of anyone guessing your password.
You can easily get through the process of changing and resetting the Coinbase password if you follow the easy directions that are mentioned in the sections above. Apart from that, you should understand the password requirements that are given above so that you do not have to pick a password again and again. In order to avoid account hacking, please ensure that you regularly change your account password, activate 2FA, and never keep the same password for different accounts.