How to unlock a restricted Coinbase account?
Coinbase, no doubt, is a crypto exchange that is synonymous with cryptocurrency. Whenever we think of a trading platform, the first name that strikes our mind is “Coinbase” and there is no doubt that it takes extensive measures to take care of our account’s security and the funds we transact through it. Identity verification and abiding by its usage terms are a few extensive measures that are taken into consideration by this exchange. And, as s result of this, sometimes, your account would show a “Coinbase Account Restricted” message on your screen while you try to use some of its features. This measure is taken by Coinbase to stop any kind of fraudulent activity on the part of the user.
Why is my Coinbase account restricted?
Well, it is pretty important to know the reasons why a Coinbase freeze account might be restricted. To sum up, we can say that the following could be responsible for account restriction:
- If you have taken any actions which go against the Coinbase user agreement, your account is subject to restrictions
- If Coinbase notices you involved in any kind of unusual activity then also your account would be restricted
- The “account restricted Coinbase” message could also be a result of an incomplete verification process on the part of the users. So, make sure that you verify your account at Coinbase.com/activate
- If there are several transactional issues from your account, the account would get restricted
- Apart from that, if you have become a victim of a scam or information breach, you are subject to undergo account restrictions
How to unlock restricted Coinbase account?
If Coinbase pro trading is disabled at your end and you wish to get this issue resolved immediately, then here are a few things you can do to achieve this:
Method 1- Verify your account
By verifying your account, the Coinbase deposit limit would also be increased and the restriction from your account shall also be lifted. To verify your Coinbase account and get the “Coinbase account restricted” issue resolved, please provide the necessary details in the verification form. Also, upload the necessary documents in support of the provided details.
Method 2- Set up 2FA to prevent unusual activity
If you have been using a Coinbase account without setting up a 2FA verification feature on it, then you can follow the given steps to do so. Once you set up 2FA, you will have to confirm the sign-in notification received from the Coinbase authenticator app:
- Click on the “Profile” icon on your Coinbase account
- Click on the “Settings” menu and then choose “Security”
- Scroll down to the 2FA section and select one of the authenticator apps
- Now, type the code sent to your on your phone number and click “Confirm”
- Scan the QR code, follow the prompts, and select “Enable”
Method 3- Try changing your password
If someone has gained unauthorized access to your account, changing the account password would definitely help in this situation. While you are changing the account password, make sure that you keep the Coinbase password requirements in mind and follow them.
Method 4- Do not make numerous unauthorized transactions
How do I fix my restricted account on Coinbase?
Since Coinbase is a highly reputed exchange, it asks users to complete the KYC verification process failing to do so your account shall get restricted. Therefore, if your Coinbase account is also restricted, please provide the necessary documentation in order to complete the verification process. If that doesn’t help, contact Coinbase support.
Why does Coinbase say my account is restricted?
How long does it take to Unrestrict a Coinbase account?
If you are able to get the account restrictions lifted, you will be able to buy or sell crypto from your Coinbase account only after 24 hours. However, the rest of the features would be readily available to use only after it has passed 48 hours since the account restriction was lifted.
How do I lift my Coinbase restrictions?
If due to some reasons, your account has been restricted by Coinbase, then you should take immediate action to get the restriction lifted. To do so, you can try to complete the account verification process, and make sure that your email password and 2FA verification password have been secured.
Still, have doubts? If you are still having queries regarding the usage of Coinbase and how to get the restrictions lifted for “Coinbase account restricted”, then you can navigate to the Help Coinbase section and do as prompted. However, the best way to get the account restrictions lifted is to complete the account verification via Coinbase com activate.