Create a MetaMask Wallet
In the world of cryptocurrencies, there is a wide range of exchanges and wallets available in the market that lets their users manage various cryptocurrencies. In this article, we will talk about MetaMask, one of the most popular crypto wallets that offer various unique features to its users. It allows users to buy, send, swap, and stake a wide range of Ethereum-based cryptos after the MetaMask signup or MetaMask wallet login. Along with that it also allows users to receive cryptos from external wallets by using a MetaMask wallet address.
In our further content, we will cover some topics such as coins and tokens supported by MetaMask, its advantages & disadvantages, and its supported web browsers. Along with that, we will also cover an easy step-by-step guide that will help you to download and create a MetaMask wallet on your web browser within a few easy steps.
MetaMask supported browsers:
MetaMask is available as a browser extension and currently, it is supported on five different available web browsers in the world which are as follows,
- Google Chrome
MetaMask supported coins and tokens:
MetaMask Wallet supports a wide range of available coins and tokens including Ethereum (ETH) based and ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-1155, and many more tokens for its users for which they can also receive rewards on staking. We have mentioned below the list of some popular crypto coins and tokens supported by the MetaMask wallet.
- Ether (ETH)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Tether (USDT)
- DAI (DAI)
- Aave (AAVE)
- Binance Coin (BNB)
And many more.
Benefits and Disadvantages of MetaMask Wallet:
There are several benefits and disadvantages of using the MetaMask Wallet extension and mobile application for its users. We have mentioned some of the common advantages and disadvantages of MetaMask which are as follows,
(A) Benefits or Advantages
- The most noticeable benefit of using MetaMask Wallet is its easy setup process. That means users can easily, and quickly download and create a MetaMask Wallet on a browser and mobile.
- Offers a self-custodial wallet to its users, which means users can maintain their full control over their funds without involving any third party to access them.
- MetaMask allows its users to earn rewards or additional tokens via staking and holding. In this process, users stake or hold their tokens in a vault for a certain period to generate a passive income or profit represented in APY.
- The platform offers a wide range of crypto assets built on an Ethereum (ETH) based network for its users. Such as Ether (ETH), Tether (USDT), DAI (DAI), Aave (AAVE), Binance Coin (BNB), and many more.
- Supports a wide range of dApps (decentralized applications) and enables its users to easily interact with dApps.
(B) Disadvantages of MetaMask:
- MetaMask does not support non-Ethereum-based coins and tokens such as Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), and many more.
- It does not support an excellent quality of live customer support services for its users.
How to download MetaMask App and Extension?
If you want to download the MetaMask wallet app then it is available on the “Google Play Store” and “App Store” as a mobile application for Android and iOS devices. On the other hand for web browsers, it is available as a MetaMask Wallet for Chrome and Firefox. Along with that, it is also available on Opera, Edge, and Brave browsers.
Steps to Download MetaMask Extension on Google Chrome:
Follow these simple steps to download the MetaMask extension on Google Chrome,
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your laptop or computer.
- Once your browser is opened up, visit the official website of MetaMask.
- Now click or tap on the “Download” button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- After clicking on the “Download” button, scroll down and then click or tap on the “Chrome” icon.
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- In the last step, you have to click or tap on the “Add extension” button in the pop-up section to finish the process of downloading the MetaMask extension on your Google Chrome browser.
Steps to Download MetaMask Extension on Firefox:
Follow these simple steps to download the MetaMask extension on Firefox,
- In the first step, launch the Firefox web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Once your browser is fully loaded, go to the official website of MetaMask and then click on the “Download” button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and then click or tap on the Firefox icon.
- After clicking on the “Firefox” icon you will be redirected to the “Firefox Browser ADD-ONS” page.
- Now click on the “Add to Firefox” button.
- In the last step, a pop-up will appear, and then click or tap on the “Add” button to finish the process of downloading the MetaMask extension on Firefox.
Steps to create a wallet on MetaMask:
Follow these simple steps to complete the process of MetaMask sign up or create a MetaMask Wallet,
- Launch your MetaMask extension on your preferred browser.
- Click on “Create a new MetaMask Wallet”.
- Scroll down and then click on the “I agree” button.
- Create a strong and unique password and fill it in the given fields.
- Now click on the “Create a Wallet” tab.
- Click on “Secure my wallet” and then on “Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase” (SRP).
- Now note down or save your SRP in a secure place and then click on “Next”.
- In the last step enter your SRP in the same sequence and then click on “Confirm”.
Overall, downloading, using, and creating a MetaMask wallet is a simple process. If anyone wants to download and create a MetaMask Wallet account then they can easily complete this process by following the steps mentioned by us in our above content.
Once you follow the steps correctly, you can enjoy and get access to the features of MetaMask after doing a MetaMask login with password. But if you don’t know how to use it or how a MetaMask wallet works then you can watch tutorials on the internet as there is various content and videos available on the internet related to MetaMask.