How to Buy Bitcoin at a Walmart Store?
Walmart is a prestigious online and offline shopping platform. Here you can get everything that you want. Currently, Walmart has established itself as the biggest retail store in all parts of the U.S and other states. Along with the several products, Walmart is also providing the option to buy Bitcoin using the U.S. dollar. Yes, you heard it right and you can easily buy Bitcoin from a few Walmart Stores using the Walmart gift card or cash. Here in this read, we are going to talk about the way to buy Bitcoin at Walmart Store. In case you using the Walmart gift card then you need to provide the card number and other details to complete the payment process.
But before that, you need to go through different stages that we are going to mention in the next sections of the post. Walmart let you buy Bitcoin in association with the Coinstar exchange. You may need to set up your Coinstar wallet account. You may also be asked to provide your identity proof and other required documents at the Walmart Store to buy Bitcoin. So, with no more delay, let’s move on to the process to buy Bitcoin at the Walmart store.
Things you need to do before visiting a Walmart Store
There are different things that you need to do before visiting the Walmart Store. Now, you need to keep reading to learn more:
1: Setup your wallet to store Bitcoin
To store Bitcoin that you will purchase from Walmart, you need a virtual wallet. Coinstar is the platform where you are asked to create your wallet account. You can set up a mobile, desktop, and hardware wallet by visiting the Coinstar.com webpage. Now, you need to follow these steps to set up your Coinstar wallet:
- Go to the Coinme.com webpage
- On this page, click on the ‘Create Account’ option
- Now, you need to provide the password and other required details
- After that, collect the seed phrase details and confirm it
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Finish Setup’ button
- Finally, you have completed the wallet setup process
2: Choose the best time to buy Bitcoin
It is necessary to learn about the market trend before visiting the Walmart Store. Walmart also charges some fees to let you buy Bitcoin on Walmart. The fee structure of Walmart is as follows:
- $4 fee for a transfer of $0 – $50
- $8 fee for a transfer of $50 – $1,000
- $16 fee for a transfer of $1,000 – $2,500
3: Collect the required details
To buy Bitcoin on Walmart, you need to provide your legal documents as well. Make sure that you have collected the following documents:
- US Driver’s License (Puerto Rico also accepted)
- State ID (Puerto Rico also accepted)
- US Passport
- US Permanent Resident Card
- International Passport
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
- Mexican Matricula Consular
Method to buy Bitcoin with Walmart gift card
You can buy Bitcoin with a Walmart gift card as well. If you are not sure, you can easily buy Bitcoin using the Walmart gift card with the help of the quick steps:
- Find a Walmart store in which you can buy Bitcoin
- Now, visit the store and then to the customer care center
- After that, you need to ask to buy Bitcoin from the agent
- When asked, provide the required details and documents
- Also, provide the gift card number and other details
- Follow the agent’s instructions to finish the process
- Now, the money will be deducted from your gift card
- Finally, you have purchased Bitcoin using the Walmart gift card
How to buy Bitcoins with cash at Walmart?
You can also use USD cash to buy Bitcoin at Walmart. If you are not sure about the process to buy Bitcoin at Walmart using Cash, you need to go through the steps that are given below to complete the process:
- Locate the Walmart Store near you
- Now, visit the store and reach the customer service center
- After that, ask the agent that you want to buy Bitcoin
- Now, you need to submit the required details and documents
- If needed, you need to provide the wallet address or password details
- When asked, provide the USD cash to complete the process
After going through the above steps, you will be able to buy Bitcoin at Walmart. If you are getting any type of issues then you can contact the Walmart customer service agent online or by phone for instant help.
To sum up, Walmart allows its users to buy Bitcoin directly from the store as well. If there is a Walmart Store in your area and it provides the option to buy Bitcoin then you can quickly buy Bitcoin and store it on a virtual wallet like Coinstar using USD cash or a Walmart gift card. To complete the purchase process, you need to provide the documents that are asked by the Walmart agent. However, you can easily buy Bitcoin from Walmart in case you follow the processes that are given above on this page. For now, we are pretty sure that you have learned the way to buy Bitcoin at Walmart by referring to this post.