How to Connect MetaMask to Avalanche
As we all know, cryptocurrency has taken a significant place in the financial sector and serves as a way to generate passive income for a wide range of traders and investors. Because of the growing popularity of cryptocurrencies, many platforms including exchanges and wallets have come into existence that lets their users manage their digital assets easily. Along with that, various new digital assets are also continuously emerging in the list of available cryptocurrencies.
In today’s article, we will talk about two of the most well-known terms of crypto: Avalanche and MetaMask. And if we’re looking for tutorial content on how to connect MetaMask to Avalanche then you are at the right place.
In our further content, we will cover some topics such as what is Avalanche and how to connect MetaMask to Avalanche on its mobile app and browser extension. Along with that, we will also cover an easy step-by-guide that will help you to send AVAX tokens from your Avalanche Wallet to your MetaMask Account.
What is Avalanche (AVAX)?
Avalanche (AVAX) is a well-known cryptocurrency and blockchain platform available in the world that rivals Ethereum. It was initially founded or released by Ava Labs in September 2020. After that, Ava Labs designed and launched Avalanche Bridge (AB) in July 2021, which is a secure, fast, and low-cost way to bridge digital assets between Ethereum and Avalanche.
Steps to add Avalanche to MetaMask mobile:
We have mentioned below an easy step-by-step guide that will help you to add Avalanche to MetaMask mobile within a few easy and simple steps.
- First of all, launch the MetaMask application on your preferred mobile device.
- Once the application is fully loaded or opened up, log into your account with your registered password or biometrics (if enabled).
- Tap on the network drop-down menu that is located at the top mid of your device screen.
- Now tap on the “Add a network” button.
- Tap on the “Avalanche Mainnet C-chain” option that you will be able to see in the popular networks list.
- Now you will be able to see the details of Avalanche Mainnet MetaMask on your screen including display name, Avalanche chain id, and network URL.
- In the last step, tap on the “Approve” button and then the “Switch to network” button to finish the process of how to connect MetaMask to Avalanche.
How to add Avalanche network to MetaMask: (Extension)
We have mentioned below an easy step-by-step guide for how to add Avalanche network to MetaMask browser extension within a few easy and simple steps.
- First of all, open your preferred browser on your computer or laptop and then launch your MetaMask extension.
- Once the extension is opened up, log into your account by entering your correct password.
- Now click or tap on the network drop-down menu that is located at the top right of your screen.
- After clicking on the network drop-down menu, you have to click or tap on the “Add network” tab.
- Now you will be able to see Avalanche Network C-Chain in the list of networks, and then click on the “Add” option located after the Avalanche Network C-Chain.
- Click or tap on the “Approve” button in the pop-up section.
- In the last step, click or tap on the “Switch to Avalanche Network C-chain” button for adding Avalanche network to MetaMask.
How to send AVAX tokens from Avalanche Wallet to MetaMask?
After completing the process of how to connect MetaMask to Avalanche, you can send your Avax tokens. We have mentioned below an easy step-by-step guide that will help you to send your AVAX tokens from your Avalanche Wallet to MetaMask within a few clicks or taps.
- First of all, log in to your Avalanche Wallet from its official website.
- Transfer the tokens that you would like to send in the C-Chain blockchain if they are available on the X- or P- Chains. Because only the C-chain (avax c-chain metamask) is compatible with the MetaMask wallet.
- Click on the three horizontal lines icon located at the top right corner and then click on the “Send” option on the left menu bar.
- Now select “C” in the “Source Chain” section and then enter the amount of AVAX token that you would like to send.
- Switch to your MetaMask account and then copy your wallet address.
- After copying your address switch back to your Avalanche Wallet AND then paste your copied wallet address in the “To Address” text field.
- Now you will be able to see the estimated gas fee that you will have to pay.
- In the last step, click or tap on the “Confirm” button to finish the process of sending the AVAX token to your MetaMask Wallet.
Once you follow all the above steps and the transaction is confirmed, you will be able to see your AVAX tokens in your MetaMask account.
Overall the process of adding the Avalanche network to MetaMask and sending AVAX tokens from the Avalanche wallet to MetaMask is quick, simple, and straightforward. But if you face a problem related to MetaMask not connecting to Avalanche then you can directly make contact with the customer support service of Avalanche (AVAX) or MetaMask Wallet.