How to recover Dogecoin wallet
If you have landed here, you might be one of those people who have bought some Dogecoin in the past. Since the price of this crypto token has increased manifolds, you might be thinking to regain access to those tokens. If that is the case, you can easily get your hands back on your DOGE by signing into the wallet in which you have stored them.
But, what if you no longer have access to your Dogecoin wallet? Well, this is not a thing to worry about as long as you know the complete procedure of how to recover Dogecoin wallet. In case you do not know the procedure, do take the following steps to understand the same. Below we have given the complete Dogecoin wallet recovery process. So, stay tuned to understand these things in a better manner.
Dogecoin wallet recovery process
To be honest, this completely depends on the wallet in which you have stored those coins. For example, if you have chosen Atomic Wallet for the storage of your coins, you can follow the given procedure to understand its recovery procedure:
- Open the wallet file on your device (PC or mobile)
- Next up, you need to select the option to restore your wallet
- On the next screen, you will see that you have been asked for the recovery phrase
- Now, enter the secret recovery phrase (seed phrase) of the wallet to restore it
- And complete some prompts to create future access to the wallet
Recover Dogecoin wallet with private key
In case you do not remember the secret recovery phrase of the wallet, then you can definitely go ahead by recovering the wallet using the private key (if you have it).
Note: Before you can use this method, you need to make sure that you have access to your Dogecoin wallet login credentials. Without getting back into your account, you will no longer be able to use your private keys for wallet recovery.
For example, if you are using an Atomic wallet to store your Dogecoin, then you can sign into your wallet account to regain access to your secret recovery phrase. After signing into your wallet, navigate to the “Settings” tab and then select the “Private Keys” option. Here, you will be able to view your seed phrase using which you can restore your wallet whenever needed.
The Dogecoin wallet backup procedure explained
By using the Dogecoin core wallet file, you can easily create a backup of your wallet. This Dogecoin Core is considered to be the “Reference Implementation” which allows users to run the Dogecoin Node. To create a backup using this wallet file, you can follow these steps:
- First of all encrypt your wallet as a security feature by navigating to its “Settings”
- Now, enter a password of your choice and keep it somewhere safe
- After backing up your wallet password, you can select the “File” menu
- And here, you can choose the “Backup Wallet” option
- At this stage, the wallet’s .dat file would be generated
- Store this file somewhere safe where nobody could access it without you
What if I forgot my Dogecoin password?
- Open Google Chrome on your device and go to the “Settings” menu
- After this, you need to enable “developer tools” in it and go to the “Network” tab s
- In the given field, enter “dogecoin.info”
- After going to the website, you need to enter your wallet ID and password
- In the password field, enter any random characters
- Again, go to the “Network” tab and choose “dogecoin API”
- Now, you will be able to download the encrypted wallet
- Then, you can use a Dogecoin or Bitcoin wallet recovery tool to try all the possible passwords
- As soon as you crack the password, you can go to the dogechain.info site and log into your wallet
- Additionally, you can import the private keys of your wallet from here as well
After logging into your wallet, you will be able to fetch your Dogecoin wallet address and gain access to the previously stored funds as well.
Summing it up:
I hope now you got an idea of how to recover the Dogecoin wallet. In case you have recently purchased some DOGE, make sure you choose the best Dogecoin wallet. If you are choosing a hot wallet, then you will be glad to know that these wallets are available as the browser extension and Dogecoin wallet app. Meanwhile, if you wish to know more about the Dogecoin private key with balance, make way to their official website to access useful information present there.