Kraken Password Reset Not Working- Reasons and Solutions
Kraken has been providing users with the opportunity to buy and sell a number of cryptos on their platform. Most likely, it has managed to acquire a great fan base because of the trading features that it offers on its platform. However, to make use of all the services that they offer on their platform, you are required to create and set up a Kraken account.
After setting up your account on Kraken, you simply need to log in to your account to use all the features available for the users. Thus, if you have also created an account on Kraken and now you are having difficulty logging in to it or resetting its password, then we are going to help you with the same.
Once you read through this article completely, you will be able to regain access to your account and ensure you are getting to use all the available features.
However, before we discuss some sure short solutions for the “Kraken password reset not working” issue, we would like you to know some other details about it.
What is a Master Key?
Well, if we specifically talk about the master key that each Kraken user has, then we can say that it is a gateway to access your account whenever you are not able to do it using the simplest methods. Well, a master key should not be confused with the 2FA code we get when we try to access our accounts. Meanwhile, you should note that it is an additional password that allows you to reset your password or restrict unauthorized password reset attempts. Even if you lose your password or are not able to complete the 2FA as well, then also you will be able to access your account with the help of the master key.
The correct way to reset or change kraken password
The Kraken password reset process:
- Click on the “Help” icon present on the https://www.kraken.com/en-us/sign-in page
- After this, you need to select the option to reset your password
- Now, feed the requested details in the password reset form
- When prompted, enter the master key and set a new password
The process to change your password:
- Sign in to your Kraken account
- Go to the “Settings” menu
- Thereafter, select the option to change your personal information
- Next up, select the option to change your password
- Enter your old and new passwords to set a new password for your account
List of the Kraken password requirements
While you sign up for a new Kraken account or undergo the Kraken password reset process, you need to select a unique and strong password for your account. However, your password should meet the pre-set password requirements that we have listed below:
- The login password should contain a minimum of 12 characters
- It cannot be longer than 128 characters
- In addition to this, it should contain at least one number
- And, at the same time, it should contain a letter as well
- Additionally, your password will not be accepted until you use a special character in it
Forgot master key Kraken? Here’s what to do
If you have lost access to the Kraken master key and now you are having trouble while logging in to your account, then you can easily recover your Kraken master key. For this, you need to contact the Kraken support team by opening a support ticket. To do the same, here are the steps to be followed:
- Begin by navigating to https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000614072
- Now, fill out the form that you get to see on the next screen
- Keep selecting the correct options from the given drop-down menus
- You can also add a note to your request telling them the exact issue you are facing
- Now, add an attachment that described your problem better
- Hit the “Submit” button and you’ll be guided with what should be done next
Is the Kraken password reset not working even after recovering the master key? Well, you can try the troubleshooting steps that are mentioned below:
Ways to fix Kraken can’t reset password
- For uninterrupted Kraken account recovery, it is very important that you have the master key with you. So, make sure you never lose your master key and keep it in a safe place
- Make sure that you use the password reset link right after it is sent to you. If you are not able to reset the password, then you can get the password reset link resent to you
- In addition to this, if the password reset link fails to work for you, then you should copy and paste it into the search bar of your browser. Maybe it works then
- If you haven’t received the password reset email, then you should make sure that you have entered the correct email address in the account recovery form
How long to reset a password at Kraken?
If you have requested Kraken for a password reset and you have received a password reset link from them, then what you need to do is use this link within 2 hours of receiving it. If you do not use this link within two hours, you will not be able to reset the password. However, you can always re-initiate the process and get the password reset process completed.
Well, after reading this complete article, you must have realized the importance of the Kraken Master Key. Thus, while you set up your account or while setting up the master key, you are suggested to keep it in a safe place. If you lose the master key, it would be very hard for you to reset your password or regain access to your account. Additionally, one should keep the password requirements in mind before setting a new password or follow the solutions given for “Kraken password reset not working.”