When it comes to storing your crypto, the most important thing that we should consider is the security of our funds. And, when it comes to choosing safe storage, nothing could beat the security that comes with offline or hardware wallets. A hardware wallet is basically a device just like a USB that could store a lot of essential information about our cryptocurrencies safeguarding our funds from hackers and other intruders.
And, while we are discussing a hardware wallet, how can we forget to mention about Trezor wallet. Yes, this is the wallet service we are going to talk about in the sections to follow and at the same time, we’ll walk you through different procedures involved in the usage of the Trezor wallet.
So, let’s get ahead with having a glance at it all at once.
What is Trezor hardware wallet?
Well, we all need to choose a wallet service to ultimately store our crypto funds. Therefore, keeping that in mind, different companies have come up with their own wallet services. The wallet services are available in both the offline as well as online forms, but the best between them is the offline storage. Speaking about the Trezor wallet, we can say that, it is an offline wallet that comes in the form of a hardware device. You can easily connect this device to your computer with the help of the USB cable and store your private keys whenever needed.
How does Trezor wallet work?
Well, if you are also looking for cold storage for storing your crypto funds, then you can definitely go ahead with using the Trezor wallet. This wallet can be used in an offline mode without having to connect to the internet so that you can safely work with your private keys and carry out transactions. In addition to that, they also provide you with the option to use strict security measures such as PINs, passcodes, etc. so that you can safeguard it from any kind of hacking incidents.
How to use Trezor Bitcoin wallet?
If you are a first-time user and you wish to know how to use a Trezor Bitcoin wallet, then you should note that you require to undergo a few easy steps in order to start using this wallet service. And, the involved stages are as follows:
- Stage 1- Connect your wallet to the computer first
- Stage 2- Sign up for an account
- Stage 3- Install the wallet software on your device
- Stage 4- Install the latest firmware for the same
- Stage 5- Name your device and start using it
How to setup Trezor wallet?
Setting up this wallet is not at all a complicated task and takes only a few minutes. Thus, if you also wish to set up your wallet, you can follow the instructions that are enlisted below:
- The first thing that you need to do is unpack the Trezor wallet packaging
- After this, use the given USB cable to connect the wallet to your computer
- Go to “Trezor.io/start” to undergo the Trezor wallet sign up process
- And, then learn the instructions to set up a PIN and use the seed phrase
- Next up, you need to install the wallet by navigating to wallet.TREZOR.io
- Then, you have to add the Trezor extension to your web browser
- On the page that opens, click “Yes, Install” to go ahead with this procedure
- After installing the firmware, plug out and plug in your Trezor device
- Later on, what you need to do is rename the device and set up a PIN
- After this, write down the seed phrase very carefully and access the wallet with the PIN
How to log in to Trezor wallet?
For Trezor wallet login, here is what you need to do:
- From a browser, go to https://wallet.Trezor.io/
- Now, enter the login PIN and hit the Enter key
- This shall take you to the home screen of your wallet
- Here, you can make customizations and do whatever you wish to
Trezor wallet supported coins
Well, the list is pretty long, however, the list of a few supported coins is given below:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Binance Coin (BNB) ERC20
- Tether (USDT)
- USD Tether (erc20) (USDT) ERC20
- Cardano (ADA)
- Ripple (XRP)
- SHIBA INU (SHIB) ERC20
- HEX (HEX) ERC20
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- USD//Coin (USDC) ERC20
- Uniswap (UNI) ERC20
- Avalanche (AVAX)
- Chainlink (LINK) ERC20
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
If we look at different wallet services in the crypto sphere, the one wallet service that we cannot skip mentioning is a Trezor wallet. Well, this is a hardware wallet that comes with industry-level security, has a good support service for users in trouble, and also provides you with some great updates.
Although a Trezor device comes with high-end security features, at the same time, scamming and phishing attacks are also on the rise. As a result of this, some of its users reportedly faced phishing attacks in the month of April 2022. But, the company, later on, managed to cope with the situation.
Which is better Trezor or Ledger?
When we look at the features of both these wallet services, we can clearly say that both Ledger and Trezor wallet provides users with high-end security. However, the Ledger wallet comes with a stainless steel body which definitely is an advantage to the users. But, when it comes to the usage, the buttons available in Trezor are pretty easy-to-use.
How does a Trezor wallet work?
The Trezor wallet works in the same manner as a USB device. It comes in the form of a hardware wallet that is capable of storing our private keys and other crypto-related information. However, the best part of this wallet is that it is highly user-friendly and comes with top-notch security.
Along with the correct procedure to set up the wallet, we have also given the details on what a Trezor wallet is, how it works, and what coins can be stored on it. Thus, if you are a new user and wish to get started with it, then you should definitely read this article very carefully. Make sure to apply each instruction in the same manner as listed as this would help you in avoiding any kind of issue during the wallet setup.