Walletconnect- Facilitating the Interaction With Web3 All at Once
Want to explore the Web3 world more freely and conveniently? The cryptocurrency trading marketplace not only brought conveniences to the investment world but also gave way to confusion. The confusion among users is because of the lack of knowledge and training. However, to help users deal with this thing, several platforms tried their best to make it simpler for them. Speaking about the Web3 world, we can say that, understanding it is not everyone’s cup of tea. But, once you have a clear understanding of it, then you will be able to move freely into it.
Coming back to our topic of concern, we are going to introduce you to WalletConnect which has made it simpler for traders from all walks of life to access the Web3 world. If you are wondering how is it going to happen, then we are here to help you with it. Read through the following sections carefully and help yourself understand them in an easy manner.
Table of Contents
What is WalletConnect and how does wallet connect work?
This is a platform that allows users to interact with Web3 by letting you establish a secure connection between the wallet that you are currently using and the decentralized applications. This in turn helps you have instant and closer access to a Decentralized financing system, NFT marketplace, and more. Once you have connected your wallet through WalletConnect, you can easily sign your transaction and verify them before it actually processes. And for this seamless experience, you need to set up WalletConnect with the current crypto wallet you are using.
In addition to carrying out these activities, you can also enter the multi-chain future and connect your wallet to different chains at the same time without having to switch them. Now, you must be wondering how to use this wallet. We shall soon tell you about it.
How to use WalletConnect?
With the integration of more than 170 wallets and more than 450 apps, WalletConnect has been helping users access and interact with Web3 more freely. In case you are wondering how to get started with it, then you can apply the steps that are given below:
- To begin with, it is important that you have downloaded and setup a wallet on your device
- If you have not done that, you can download the wallet now and then set it up
- Now, without wasting time, proceed to open one of the dApps that you wish to connect to
- After this, you can find and click on the “Connect” or “Connect Wallet” option
- Now a pop-up with different wallet options would appear on your screen, please select one of them
- Here, in this case, you need to click on the “WalletConnect” option from the list
- This shall bring the QR code to your screen and then you can open the compatible mobile wallet on your device
- In this wallet, open the “Settings” menu and then choose the “WalletConnect” option
- This shall open the QR code scanner on your screen which you need to use for scanning the code from step 7
- In your wallet, tap on the “Connect” option as soon as you get the pop-up displayed
In case you are trying to connect through the web browser instead of the mobile wallet app, then you can do so by performing the same procedure with a slight difference. Instead of scanning the QR code, you will get the option to select your wallet.
How to download WalletConnect?
Those users who are wondering how to download WalletConnect on their devices should note that it is not an application or software which can be downloaded on any device. This is simply a protocol that acts as a bridge to connect to the decentralized apps directly from the wallet you are using. In case you do not know how to use this protocol, you can use the instructions provided in the section above. So, we can conclude that WalletConnect download is impossible.
How to use WalletConnect with Coinbase?
There is no direct way to connect WalletConnect with Coinbase. But, there is a complicated way through which this can be achieved. Using the Coinbase Wallet SDK, this can be easily achieved. The wallet SDK works as a bridge between your wallet and the decentralized app that you are using. However, if you are a new user and you are unable to understand this procedure, then we suggest you use a compatible web wallet to use its functionalities. So, in simple terms, we can say that merging WalletConnect coinbase may not be a good option for you.
How to use WalletConnect with Trust wallet?
In case you are wondering how does WalletConnect Trust wallet are used together, then you can apply the steps given below to do the same:
- Make sure that you have set up a Trust wallet to connect with the WalletConnect app
- Followed by this, you need to open one of the decentralized platforms e.g. Uniswap or Pancake swap
- Then you need to click on the “Connect Wallet” option and select “WalletConnect” from the pop-up list
- Now, a QR code will appear on your screen which you need to scan later on
- Next up, what you can do is open the settings menu on the Trust wallet and choose “WalletConnect”
- Followed by this, a scanner would show up on your screen which you can use to scan the code from the previous step
- As soon as you scan the code, you can then click on the “connect” option on your wallet and you’re almost done
Have a look at the WalletConnect compatible wallets
If you are wondering whether your wallet supports WalletConnect or not, then you can have a look at the list below and find out whether your wallet is listed here or not:
- SafePal Wallet
- MetaMask wallet
- Math Wallet
- Minerva Wallet
- Trust wallet
- Rainbow wallet
- MetaX etc.
WalletConnect- Common Problems and Solutions
- WalletConnect failed to connect
- WalletConnect not working
- Wallet Connect something went wrong
- Wallet Connect session disconnected
- Check for any issues with the server of the WalletConnect protocol
- Make sure that you have the updated version of the mobile wallet on your device
- You can also check for any internet connectivity issues and resolve them
- Also, make sure that you are using WalletConnect only with the compatible wallets
Is WalletConnect free?
Yes, using WalletConnect is completely free and you do not need to pay any charge for using it. This is because of the fact that WalletConnect does not work on any blockchain. Therefore, you do not need to pay any kind of fee for using it.
Is MetaMask compatible with WalletConnect?
Fortunately, you can easily connect and use the MetaMask wallet with WalletConnect. In case this does not seem to be possible, then what you can do is refer to the steps for using WalletConnect and keep following the instructions. At one stop, you will be able to see “MetaMask” as an option during the wallet connectivity procedure.
Through this post, we have clearly got to learn how to make the best use of WalletConnect along with the procedure to get started with it. In case you are unable to follow any of the steps, just navigate to the official website and you will be able to find some helpful details there.